Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend 2009

I have to say that Mother's Day this year has by far been the best!! I know that is a little premature as this is only my 2nd but, it really was fantastic!! It started Friday night with a gift from Greg and Guiliana, a beautiful necklace that Greg says the both picked out :) Then yesterday was the day that we really celebrated. We decided to do it on Saturday because both Greg and I and my in-laws have agreed, parties, get-togethers, etc... are more fun and less stressful on Saturdays and we leave Sundays to relax before another week of work.
We went over to grandma and grandpa's house yesterday for breakfast. Grandma made blueberry pancakes, fresh fruit, and turkey sausage. It was a very yummy (and my kinda) breakfast. We exchanged gifts before breakfast because we had a coffee cup made for Grandma with pictures of her and Guiliana together and I wanted her to use it with breakfast. Grandma and Guiliana had made me a special project together at school for me and it was truly a touching gift. I also got a bag of "hugs & kisses" and a gift card to starbucks!!
After playing in her sandbox for a bit Guiliana went for a nap and I got to relax in the pool that grandma and grandpa bought for us. Thanks to daddy for pumping it up, it was a pain in the butt!! I laid out for about an hour listening to music and enjoying some "me" time before Guiliana woke up. After lunch it was time for her and I to do some swimming. She really enjoys the water. It was nice because the pool was filled up just enough to where she could move around with out falling under. Brooklyn even decided she needed to swim!! I got to lay out some more when Guiliana went in the house to play with grandma and grandpa.
For dinner I made my mother-in-law and I a special dinner, Cool Veggie Pizza, and my father-in-law made the boys ribs. And after the sun went down Guiliana did some more playing in the sandbox. We made the most outta of our day.
It really was the best day!! I appreciate the recognition that was given to me this weekend. Greg really made sure that I had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. He wanted me to sleep-in this morning but my body didn't respond! LOL but I appreciated the effort. We had yummy veggie omelets this morning and he cooked and cleaned up the dishes.
I want to thank my in-laws for having us over yesterday and for all that they do. Getting the pool for us, always helping with Guiliana, and just making yesterday a great time for the whole family. We are looking forward to many more "pool" days as the summer goes on.
My beautiful necklace!

The wonderful breakfast my mother-in-law made

Grandma's gift (that I very much enjoyed wrapping!)


My handmade gift (they actually held the pen in Guiliana's hand and she helped write her name)

Sandbox... Round 1
Grandma sharing her tulips


Time for Swimming!!







Playing with her Spongebob sprinkler she got for her birthday


Spending sometime with Grandma and Grandpa
In the top one they were talking to Great-Grandma Millie in NY


She loves to swing with Grandma

So sweet :)

Round 2



Some funny shots of the family!




This face makes me so proud to be a mommy! This was the face I woke up to this morning. I am so thankful that my beautiful baby girl was sent to me! I have waited all my life to get to celebrate Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Libby said...

So glad to see she enjoyed her Spongebob sprinkler!!! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun.