Saturday, May 2, 2009

Shelby's 1st Birthday Party


Today was touch and go on whether or not we were going to be able to make it to our friend Shelby's 1st Birthday party. Guiliana is battling another ear infection, I think we are on our 8th! Well, she has had a fever for 2 days and she woke up with a low-grade fever at 7am. We gave her another dose of Tylenol and it has yet to come back. I think that the antibiotics have finally kicked in.
So, after her and I have been held up in this house I felt it would be a nice change to get out. I was right! Guiliana had a fantastic time!! There were several kids for her to play with that were her age. There were even little goldfish for the kiddies to eat thanks to Valerie's smart mommy thinking.
It turned out to be a nice day whether wise and we spent some a lot of our time in the beautiful backyard. The big kids went swimming and Guiliana seemed interested so, I sat her on the edge and put her feet in. She kicked and splashed and giggled! She ended up getting her Capri pants all wet but it was well worth it!! I was unable to get any pictures as I was the one holding her.
She really enjoyed the 2 little doggies that lived there. They would run up to her and give her little kisses and run away. She thought it was hilarious and tried to chase them!
Shelby's 1st birthday was so special that he actually had horse rides there :) The next door neighbor brought over a few horses for the kiddo's to ride. Unfortunately that is as far as we got. I think after 2 days of being sick, 2 hours was all Guiliana could handle. Valerie and I were talking and watching the horse rides and Guiliana passed out on my shoulder :)
I wish we could have stayed for the cake and gifts but I didn't want to push Guiliana. I especially had a fun time. Valerie and I had a chance to chat. We have been friends since about 9 years old!! She was the only good part of my childhood :) We have so many hilarious memories together! I look forward to rekindling our friendship. I miss my funny bestest childhood friend! Thank you for a wonderful time Valerie. I look forward to out poolside playdates :)

Guiliana and Shelby





Guiliana and Mommy


Guiliana's gift to Shelby. We hope he liked it :)

No comments: