Friday, May 22, 2009

So, here we are one week later...

Last Friday was the day Guiliana got her tubes. Everyone kept saying that she was going to wake up a different girl BUT, that didn't happen. I got a little discouraged because I was really hoping that she would instantly be better. Well I spoke WAY to soon. As the week has gone on I have seen a bigger and bigger change in her. Her teachers at school saw the change first. They commented on how much more content she seemed and that she actually took naps longer than 10 minutes! I particularly have seen a change in her in the evenings. She usually was very difficult to feed dinner to and fussy after her bath when I would get her dressed. Now she eats a fantastic dinner and is super happy and playful in the evening. Tonight she was especially a happy camper. It could be that she got to eat a happy meal in the grocery cart as I was food shopping! LOL! She LOVES her Chicken McNuggets. It is amazing she was able to function at all with all that crud in her ears!! I have noticed that her hearing has improved. She enjoys her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse soundtrack even more now that she can hear it. She instantly smiles and bounces up and down in her carseat :) Also this week, she started taking more steps. I am sure that she has better balance now that her ears are clear. The only thing about the whole "tube" thing, is the constant drainage of her ears. I guess its better that it comes out then staying in and getting infected! I am told that the drainage will get better and slow down. Its amazing what science and medicine can do for our children these days! I am grateful that she is better!

No comments: